Things I am grateful for today:

* my Lord, who loves me and has forgiven me of all my sins, taking them upon Himself on the cross

* my husband, who loves me like crazy and is willing to spend his Friday night dressed up like a cow for a family date night and memories for the kids, and who spends his Saturday loading heavy furniture and helping multiple neighbors move

* my children, whose greasy handprints on the TV screen and clamoring voices trying to get my attention remind me about who and what is truly important and of eternal value

* morning sickness, which reminds me of the precious life God is forming inside my womb

* worms in our garden eating my watermelons, which remind me to be diligent in my walk with Christ and root out the things that eat away at time which should be better spent; I want to bear much fruit; "little foxes ruin the vineyard..."

* God's ever-faithful provision, and the trust that we know we can put in Him, even when the numbers don't add up

* the future unknowns, and all the possibilities in them, which both terrify me and also serve as a reminder to pray, pray, pray, and to trust, trust, trust

* caffeine-free diet coke...something about carbonation just does it for me on those queasy afternoons

* email and photos, to keep in touch with family and friends far away

* a little 2-bedroom apartment with the tiniest bathroom in the world--makes us close and cozy as a family, means less to clean, makes us intentional about our "stuff," necessitates giving because there just isn't room to keep on keeping, close proximity to neighbors who need fellowship and friendship, fosters a lot of sharing, lets me see the kids no matter what room they're running/crawling in and out of

Comments

Popular Posts