Lately, I've been amazed at how fast time is flying by--this semester in particular seems to be rushing past at a pace that is both exciting and exhausting. :-) The older I get, the higher life's treadmill setting seems to run...

Baby Boy is doing great; we're almost at 24 weeks now, and I feel like it has gone by in a blink. He is generally a quiet little man, but enjoys kicking me first thing in the morning when I wake up, and lots in the evenings before bed. Sometimes Rachel Anne will lay her head on my stomach and exclaim, "Mommy, I feeled the baby kickin' me!" Or she will ask me periodically throughout the day, "Mommy, is my other little brother kickin' you now?" Caleb James still doesn't realize that my lap is rapidly disappearing, though he thinks it's a "big boy" thing to do when he pats my stomach and tries to say "ba-bee, ba-ba."

Recently I've begun to take stock of the way I order our days, and am trying to sort through what needs to change as far as priorities and routines. One thing that the Lord has been impressing on my heart lately is the need to really show my children what it means to seek after Him--to talk of Him all through the day, to regularly open His Word, to talk to Him as naturally and openly as I talk to my neighbor, to speak his Scripture over our children. I want them to grasp His heart--to know Him (not just live in a way that a Christian is supposed to) and to make Him known (not to be afraid to openly display their love for Him and to talk to others about Him). I don't want to teach me children to be good. I want to teach them to love God, and to have that love take such root in their hearts that they cannot help but strive to be godly.

How to work all this out, I am still pondering. One thing I do know: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, Who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him." (James 1)

Lord, help us to teach our children to love You and to know You!

Comments

Popular Posts