Strength for today...


I came across this beautiful poem today, and it was such a blessing to me, reminding me how thankful I am for where God has placed me!


Isn’t There a Noble Task?

“There seems to be so little that I can do for Thee,
Isn’t there a noble task that You would have for me?
Something that the world may know I’m busy for my King;
Beside the dull and daily tasks that every new day brings?

For how can stacks of dishes and piles of dirty clothes,
Tackled and completed, ever tell Christ rose?
Or stories, mud and band-aids; read, cleaned up, applied,
Tell the world of Jesus, my Saviour, crucified?”

“Oh, busy, busy mother, your task is very great.
I’ve given you eternal souls to teach and educate.
Not in worldly wisdom, in fame or honor grand,
But how to love and serve My cause, and seek that better land.

For as you tackle homey tasks with children by your side,
You have the greatest privilege, within their hearts to hide
Bits of goodly treasures from My Holy Word,
Which many mighty men of faith first from their mothers heard.

Oh, busy, busy mother, I need you where you are.
Your task at hand is very great, you need not travel far.
Oh love and teach these little souls, and help them grow to be
Steadfast within the simple faith, to be of use to Me.”

-from Heart Throbs of Motherhood by Miriam Druist


Today, I praise God for the privilege of being a wife and mother! There are no greater treasures on earth to me than my family. I pray that the Lord will continue to break me of selfishness and use me to bless those in my home and those around me, and that I would do so every day with joy in my heart and a smile on my face! He has given me much greater gifts than I deserve--His love and grace are unending, and He is always faithful even when I am not.

Today, I was tired. Today, I was disappointed. Today, I was annoyed. Today, I was frustrated. Today, I was complaining in my heart. Today, I was selfish.

But today, there is forgiveness and mercy for me. Today, He gives me more grace for more burdens. Today, He gives me strength for the tasks before me. Today, He fills my cup to overflowing so that I can pour myself out for my husband, and for our daughter.

And tomorrow, may I wake praising Him in the morning--"this is the day that the Lord hath made--I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Comments

Popular Posts